Thursdays (9.5 hrs) -
On this Full Day Tour you will journey an ancient, hidden, high mountain trail. Descend 2,000ft to the magnificent south coast. Experience rainforest, giant ferns, lofty grazing country and remote plantations.
Take a “breather” under a huge and historical a’oa (banyan) tree. You’ll feel kinship with the ancient Samoan travellers as you descend through this forgotten high country. Passing through highland pasture we may encounter a local ranch hand riding his horse Samoan style. We enter raw plantation county then finally meet civilization and the Main South Coast Road.
Then to Vai Villas Samoa, an authentic and rich blend of sustainability, ecology, culture, marine exercise and fun where you will take an invigorating dips in a spring fed pool after the hike. Kayak through the overhanging mangroves, twisting and turning your way 1.5km to the beach on Safata Bay for another dip. Return through the mangroves to a scrumptious dinner on the verandah of the Vai Villa Lodge.
- Prices shown in New Zealand Dollars NZD$
- Prices per booking | 2-4 persons: $245 pp | 5-8 persons: $209 pp
- For ages 12 and above
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off in Apia. Please contact us for options if you are staying outside of Apia
- Maximum 4 (contact us for larger groups)
- Physical Demand: Moderate: 10km hiking trail
- Sturdy footwear required
- Experience Required: Basic kayak experience is required - paddle may include currents due to incoming/outgoing tide
- Duration: Full Day Tour at around 9.5 hours
- Lunch: Sandwiches and fruit provided
- Dinner: Provide by Vai Villas
- Transportation: Our Outback style 4X4 Toyota Hilux