(9 hrs) -
This tour takes you to three panoramic mountain peaks all within 15km of Apia.
Our first destination is Lake Lanoto’o (760 meters), a magnificent volcanic crater lake. Lake Lanoto’o is one of only two locations in Samoa to be designated as a ‘Wetland of International Importance’ under the RAMSAR convention. Your 6km hike may be wet and slippery but that’s the fun of getting “off-the-beaten-track”. We spend around 1.5 hours at the lake itself. During this time, you can take a swim in the lake’s cool waters, have a snack, or just relax.
We continue to another volcanic crater, Mount Fiamoe (938 meters); accessed via a 1.5km hike and 150m climb. Both sides of Upolu (north and south coasts), are beautifully visible from here on a clear day.
We end the day with a visit to the historical Mount Vaea and Robert Louis Stevenson’s tomb. Another active 4km hike with a 250-metre climb to the top, where the famous author lies. Enjoy the breathtaking panoramic view of Apia Harbour and surrounds.
- Please contact us for availability
- Prices shown in New Zealand Dollars NZD$
- Prices per booking | 2-4 persons: $132 pp |
- Includes hotel pickup and drop-off in Apia. Please contact us for options if you are staying outside of Apia
- For ages 12 and above
- Maximum 4 (contact us for larger groups)
- Physical Demand: Moderate
- Duration: 9 hours
- Lunch: Sandwiches and fruit provided
- Transportation: Our Outback style 4X4 Toyota Hilux – maybe even ride in the tray (alternative vehicle for larger groups)