TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SAMOAN HIGHLAND ADVENTURES
The Tour Operator contracts with third parties including operators, government agencies and sole proprietors to provide superior product and service to our clients in the running of our Tours. We are not responsible for the acts and omissions of these third parties.
By accepting these Terms and Conditions you acknowledge:
- That adventure travel carries inherent risks incurred by travel and activity well beyond the accepted safety of life at home or work. That you are aware of the inherent risks involved in participating in the Tour and accept them as your own;
- You are aware that your Tour, in addition to the usual dangers and risks inherent has certain additional dangers and risks, some of which may include: physical exertion for which you may not be prepared, difficult and dangerous terrain, political instability, exposure to sudden and unexpected weather events, exposure to hazards from flora and fauna, remoteness from normal medical services and evacuation difficulties if you are disabled.
- You agree that if you suffer injury or illness we can, at your cost, arrange medical treatment and emergency evacuation service, as deemed essential for your safety.
- You are going on this Tour of your own free will. We will not give any refunds if you refuse for any reason to participate in any part of the Tour and/or accept other facilities made available to participants and/or conform to a direct instruction of the Tour Operator or Tour Leader.
- You waive any and all claims you may now and in the future have against the Tour Operator, and release same from all liability. You agree not to sue the Tour Company, its designated Tour Operator /Travel Agency/designated representative and Tour administrator, its officers, employees, Tour Leaders, representatives or staff for any personal injury, death, property damage or loss sustained by you as a result of your participation in a Tour.
- You accept all of the risks of the proposed Tour including the possibility of personal injury or death or other loss or damage (including property loss or damage) arising during the Tour to the maximum extent permitted by law.
- We are not liable to you for any injury, loss or damage, accident, delays cancellation or disruption or irregularity which may be caused by any acts or defaults of any third person or organization responsible for carrying out any of the arrangements of the Tour.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
You acknowledge that adventures travel and the products and services offered by the Tour Operator may involve a significant amount of risk to your health and safety. By traveling with the Tour Operator you acknowledge that you have considered any potential risks to health and safety. You hereby assume responsibility for all such risk and releases the Tour Operator from all claims and causes of action arising from any losses, damages or injuries or death resulting from risks inherent in travel, including adventure travel specifically,
You acknowledge that the degree and nature of personal risk, significant degree of personal risk involved in participating in physical activities, travel to remote locations and water and other activities described in the Tour.
MANDATORY INSURANCE REQUIREMENTS
Travel insurance is mandatory and we recommend that clients source travel insurance against illness, injury, loss/damage to personal belongings and not being able to travel on either the confirmed departure date, or a connecting service at the end of a tour. Our operators often work in remote locations and meeting flights or other transport arrangements after the Tour cannot be guaranteed. We recommend a minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each applicable category.
As a general rule, you need to be fit enough to walk a minimum average of 6 kilometres a day, though not all Tours will require this amount of walking. You may well encounter climbing up to 300 metres, often in slippery conditions so if you are concerned about your suitability for the Tour, please contact us and we can provide more information regarding the physical demands of that particular Tour to be able to assess any risk to yourself beforehand.
As adventures are often physically challenging and in remote locations where there is little or no reasonable access to comprehensive medical or hospital facilities. It is your total responsibility that you must be certain you are capable of fully participating in the tour activities.
You must be in good mental health and have a good level of fitness for the Tour you are participating in and disclose to us at the time of booking if you have any pre-existing medical conditions that will put you at a higher risk on the Tour